Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any Recommended/Optimal Settings for Wind Waker?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've tried just about every setting under the sun at this point and can't seem to get a stable 30FPS. I constantly fluctuate between 20-30FPS on Outset Island.

I'm at my wits end with it, honestly, I am trying to run it with Hypatia's HD Textures; my PC specs are in my signature if you need them, and I will attach images with my settings displayed.

I am also using the most current release of Ishiiruka's Build.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, Including other Dolphin Builds and simply general settings.
If you're using Ishiiruka, don't post here. Those builds are unsupported on the boards and you should only get help in the thread of the build.

Anyways, try ocing your CPU.

Spoiler:
(09-02-2015, 05:39 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]If you're using Ishiiruka, don't post here. Those builds are unsupported on the boards and you should only get help in the thread of the build.

Spoiler:

If someone wants to lock or delete the thread, they can, didn't see a problem since the thread wasn't specifically about the build and more the game; I'd delete the thread if I could.

Spoiler:
(09-02-2015, 06:02 PM)UrsidaeDominus Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2015, 05:39 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]If you're using Ishiiruka, don't post here. Those builds are unsupported on the boards and you should only get help in the thread of the build.

Spoiler:

If someone wants to lock or delete the thread, they can, didn't see a problem since the thread wasn't specifically about the build and more the game; I'd delete the thread if I could.

Spoiler:
Seems like that's just the default name that appears when you dump the game. Sorry
Only 20-30FPS on Outset Island? Sounds like you really need a better CPU. For example the X1 of nvidia? It's running almost fullspeed right now ....

Or try to set the internal resolution to 1x, maybe your GPU is the bottleneck...

Hamcha

I had similar trouble (weak and old CPU), I managed to get it to play in a decent state (constant 30FPS) by switching to HLE Audio.

HLE used to be quite risky on Wind Waker (game could softlock in many occasions, like every time you open a chest) but I think that got sorted out? Even if it wasn't, as long as you save often enough it shouldn't be too much of a annoyance.
HLE audio is fine, just keep care to have an up-to-date developer build.
UrsidaeDominus:

Short version:
- Use audio HLE, disable time stretching(?)
- do not overclock the emulated cpu! seriously why???
- if you have performance issues, do not use per pixel lightning
- if everything else does not help, force efb copies to texture only, which is overriden by the game.ini by default, if you try to set it. This will break the picto box, or more precisely photos taken while efb to ram is off are broken.
This is one of the games which i can get a better performance with the OpenGL backend.
(09-03-2015, 12:29 PM)Genesis Wrote: [ -> ]This is one of the games which i can get a better performance with the OpenGL backend.

Ok, this is a bit weird, because you have an amd gpu, which tend to perform better when uing directx. OpenGL is still the better choice on games that use cpu efb access, but wind waker is not one of those games.
Pages: 1 2