Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 4.0.X crashes, but development builds and RCs won't save to the memory card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

aaroncha0s

So after I upgraded to Windows 10, 4.0.2 began crashing after a few minutes of play. After fiddling with all the settings to no avail, I decided to download some of the development builds. All of them work perfectly, able to go on for hours without crashing.

The problem is that I can't seem to get them to write to the memory card, even though they can load up my previous save files without any problems. My memory cards are saved at the default location (Documents>Dolphin Emulator>GC>USA). On-screen display messages do say that the saves were written to the memory card.

Help?
Use latest dev build not 4.0.2. That version is extremely outdated.

aaroncha0s

(09-02-2015, 02:19 PM)IceStrike256 Wrote: [ -> ]Use latest dev build not 4.0.2. That version is extremely outdated.

I think you misunderstand the problem. I'm not using 4.0.2 any more because it crashes on my computer. However, 4.0.2 DOES save to the memory card, which is not something I can get the latest dev build to do for some reason.
Is it possible that you've got GCI folder turned on in the newer builds? GCI folder is a feature added since the latest stable which allows a folder to be used as a memory card, instead of a .raw image. If it's on, it won't try and save to the .raw image, which could be the cause of your problem. It might be enabled by default on newer builds, as it's usually more reliable, so it might be an idea to use Dolphin's memory card manager to copy the .gci files out of the raw image into the folder.
Make sure you have write permissions for the Dolphin folder located in Documents.