Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: NVidia ION
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

chriz

I recently bought a NVIDIA ION based PC, which is basically a Intel Atom N330 1,6 Dual Core and a NVidia Geforce 9400M ( http://www.nvidia.com/object/sff_ion.html ) and I stumbled upon this interesting emulator.

I tried Mario Kart Double Dash but it's not really playable (VEERY slow) - I know my system is not at all top notch - any chance of getting this to run on my system, can some graphics details for instance be disabled or anything to take the load off the CPU to the GPU?

Cheers

/Christian
gpu doesn't matter, this cpu is just slow as hell.

1,6ghz atom means like 0,5-0,6ghz compared to core 2 duo or other new cpus.

you probably have a hard time to even emulate n64 with that on some games.
You're correct Iulius in a sense , but How come , I can run GTA san Andreas or Vice city on my atom1.6ghz ???(and a gma 950 ) ^^ ? but there is no way to run dolphin !(btw n64 is perfectly fine)
(09-15-2009, 01:38 AM)Iulius Wrote: [ -> ]you probably have a hard time to even emulate n64 with that on some games.
n64 emulation doesn't ened a fast system at all o_O;

chriz

(09-15-2009, 01:38 AM)Iulius Wrote: [ -> ]gpu doesn't matter, this cpu is just slow as hell.

1,6ghz atom means like 0,5-0,6ghz compared to core 2 duo or other new cpus.

Okay, thanks for your reply - just wanted to be sure, it's a shame but I didn't _really_ expect the system to have enough power Wink

/Christian
well, when i used n64 the last time it was on a 1,4ghz athlon back in 2002 or whatever and it was slow sometimes.

as intel atom is much slower then this cpu was...well maybe n64 emulation improved today compared to "early days"

running gta or other pc games is just not comparable to cpu heavy emulation.

you can even run games like oblivion on atom netbooks(with intel gma !) but that means nothing for dolphin.