Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Low fps for better speed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

PepsimanVzla

Hey guys! Sup, new to the forum.
I had this old (REALLY old) Dolphin version like years ago that allowed me to play my games 100% but with a framerate like 10-12fps with the configurations i remember but on now on version dolphin-master-4.0-7490-x64.
General configuration.
-Basic-
Enabled Dual Core.
Enabled Idle Skipping.
Enable Cheats.
Frame Limit Off.
-Advanced Settings-
CPU Emulator Engine JIT Recompiler.

Other than that disabled CPU clock overrride. Because i don't remember that option.

Graphics Configurations
-Basic-
Backend Direct3D
Selected my Grpahics card on the Adapter.
-Display-
Fullscreen Resolution 640x480
Aspect Ratio Auto.
Disabled V-sync and Fullscreen.

-Other-
Only Enabled show fps.

Enhancements
Internal Resolution Native
Anti-Aliasing None.
Anisotropic Filtering 1x.
Disabled all options here.

-Stereoscopy-
All Disabled.

Hacks
-EFB-
Ignore Format Changes Enabled.
Store EFB Copies to Texture Only Enabled.

-Texture Cache-
All set to Fast.
Virtual XFB.

-Other-
All Enabled.

-Advanced-
All Disabled.

FPS: 45-50 and 75% speed.
Using Frameskipping for a moment i suspected it was my solution but i also get a problem here. Sat frameskiping to 2, and the speed got up to 80-88% a bit but when i play is like 1frame ok and 1frame of black screen.
Want to know if this older Dolphin version used frameskiping or another config/code/plugin etc.
Old dolphin version has old HLE audio backend which is less aaccurate than latest HLE
Latest HLE however requires 100% FPS for 100% ok sound
If the game does not need virtual xfb, disable it. That might cause those black frames.

For performance, you should try HLE audio, and fast depth calculation, and disable per pixel lightning.

As an alternative to frameskipping, you can try to downclock the emulated cpu, the game might try to render less frames then. This does not work on all games though.

The performance bottleneck in your system should be your cpu. Try to overclock it somehow maybe?

PS: Set the framelimiter to auto. If a part of the game runs over 100%, you don't want it to go over its normal framerate. As long as you are running sub 100% speed, framelimit off and auto run at the same speed.
it's that CPU, you won't get full speed on lots of games. try giving it an OC