Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Metroid Prime Crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I'm posting in this subforum because I couldn't find the "New Thread" button in the Gamecube subforum, wich I assume is because I don't have enough posts yet. If this is the incorrect subforum to answer the question, I'll ask an administrator to move the thread to the corresponding subforum.

I'm posting in a thread of my own, because I have a very complicated problem, wich I believe is gonna take some work to solve it, and I believe that posting in the Metroid Prime official thread will make things more complicated.

The problem is the following: I've been playing Metroid Prime, the USA version, perfectly well so far, with Dolphin version 4.0-7461. All well, no troubles at all there. I played to the point right before facing Thardus, the guy made of Phazon rocks.  I saved my game in the closest saveroom to Thardus's room, and closed the emulator. I come back a little later, start the game, and after I make a space jump, right at the exact time I make the second jump, the one in the air, the emulator crashes. On the enhancements, I was using the game with DirectX11, IR 2.5x, antialising and anisotropic filterings to the maximun, Scaled EFB copy, Widescreen hack, Disable fog, and side by side 3D. On the hacks, every hack turned, except for the External Frame buffer (which I always leave it in its default value), and the Safe Texture Cache in fast. Dual core enabled, Idle skipping enabled, Xaudio backend, HLE audio... Nothing out of the ordinary, I believe. Well, after that, I tried every option separatedly, with the same result. Every hack off, same result. Every hack off, every enhancement off with native resolution, same result. I changed the audio backend to OpenAL, same result. I even turned off Speed up Disc Transfer rate, Skip DCBZ clearing, and all options of deterministic dual core. I also tried every enhancement off, every hack off, in the OpenGL backend. Same result. I also tried the Safe texture cache in its three positions. Same luck.
I may have tried a few other things, but I lost track of what I tried. I also tried every enhancement off, and every hack off, in both graphics backends, with version 4.0-7483, which was the latest at the time of writing this. I absolutely astonished. This never happened before. I don't get it, I played the game for over two hours without a single problem.
There may be a problem I'm missing, however. I red in the official thread of Metroid Prime, that savestates aren't stable. I made one, only one savestate in all the gameplay until I had this problem, but I only saved the game, that's all. I didn't load any savestate in all the gameplay, because I never needed to do it. And this was right before entering Phendrana Drifts for the first time, right before getting the energy tank in the morphball room, right before the elevator room to Phendrana Drifts.
The other thing I suppose it could be a problem, I'm using a wireless joystick, that is a Dynacom DY-026273. The joystick can be used in a Pc, Playstation 2, and Playstation 3, all three wirelessly. Could the joystick be a problem? I've played all the gameplay with that joystick, and I used that joystick with Dolphin for years, and it never gave me any problems.
Does anyone have any ideas of any other thing I can try? I'll try anything, I just can't think of anything else to try.
what kind of error message did it give you upon crash
(08-31-2015, 08:34 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]what kind of error message did it give you upon crash

It didn't. It showed a message saying "Dolphin.exe stopped working", and after that the message that Windows was trying to find a solution online, which I cancel. That's it. By the way, my Windows is not in english, so I post the closest translation.
I seem to have solved it. I was downloading the latest versions of dolphin, but I didn't have installed the Visual C++ 2015. The game seems to be working properly now.