Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: In Home Streaming - recently broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys. i assume this is not a supported feature, but i have been using Steam in-home streaming for a few weeks to play skyward sword. it always worked without a hitch, using a real wiimote connected to the receiving PC in my living room.

I'm guessing a steam update did this, as i have not updated my dolphin in quite some time (newer versions are broken on my PC and always crash the emulator when searching for a wiimote) . Recently i tried to play, and noticed some odd behaviour.

when opening to the main menu, it's fine. but as i hover over any of the options buttons (gcpad, wiimote, dsp, graphics, etc.) the screen will go black until i remote the cursor from that area. also, when opening wiimote settings, the screen gets stuck black, so i cant actually search for a wiimote.

my workaround is having someone hold the 1&2 button for me in the living room while i click refresh in the wiimote dialog on the host PC in the other room. massive pain in the ass, but it works for now. Is anyone else using steam in-home streaming for dolphin? if so, have you encountered this and possibly solved it?

thanks for looking everyone. also if anyone else had trouble with any new builds syncing wiimotes, im interested in hearing any fixed for that as well. all never revisions that changed the "wiimotes" menu (past 4.0.2 as far as i know) just freeze the application immediately upon clicking refresh.

not sure what build i'm using, as the only thing shown in the "about" section is an extended revision number. it was compiled sept. 23 2013...dolphin 4.0.2 x64
(08-30-2015, 12:40 PM)reversals123 Wrote: [ -> ]newer versions are broken on my PC and always crash the emulator when searching for a wiimote

solving this issue is our option, versions before 4.0.2 aren't supported on the forums. try the latest dev version and 5.0-rcx and describe the error you get
I've edited the original post to reflect that i am now using 4.0.2 .... there is no change in the current status of my issue.

In any build, including the 5.0 dev builds, that includes a "controllers" config menu rather than a seperate "wiimotes" and "GCPad" menu, the application immediately freezes upon clicking refresh and never recovers. this is regardless of whether or not I am actually pressing any buttons on a wiimote. at this point i have to kill the process.

I have noticed that 5.0 RC build seems to handle in home streaming when i click the controllers menu (it doesnt go black) so you are likely correct that solving the crashing and using 5.0 is the best option. any ideas?

So i figured out the freezing caused by the controllers menu in newer revisions of dolphin. turns out there was a conflict with my DLink USB receiver for a remote control. once i removed that, it works just fine!

I booted up 5.0 R19 on the stream machine, and it worked fine the first time. sadly, the second time, and every subsequent attempt, it makes the screen go black again when hovering over the configuration icons or entering the configuration menus (popup menus)....

I am now using the latest revision of dolphin, and the issue is still here. not sure what can be done about this unless they added an option to render config menus to the main window. hopefully someone has an idea for me!
The freezing on the controllers menu sounds like it might be a common-ish issue with GameCube Adapter Direct Connect. Is it turned on?