Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: is intel hd 4000 enough to run dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

coaxialgamer

Hello,
So i just built a computer with parts i bought on ebay, and i dont have a gpu yet.
I was wondering if the intel hd graphics 4000 could run basic gamecube games at full speed or close ( without turning all the settings to max of course) , so i can at least do some gaming on it until i buy a gpu (No fun using hd graphics with an i7 Sad )
Thanks !
You can play the games at native resolution for now
you can play *most* games at native. you're going to have some issues with more graphically demanding games (SMG1/2, FERD, etc)
I have it, it doesn't work correctly in newer versions of the emulator.

On Direct3D backend, you are going to see many randomly colored dots in the game, many models are going to be entirely covered by them.

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, and Super Paper Mario are not going to run properly, with the later entirely refusing to load past the prologue, regardless of the backend.

If you can't afford a better GPU, you will have to use an older version of the emulator. Otherwise you will have to live by these issues.

EDIT: I didn't realize that you are going to buy a newer GPU in all cases. Yeah, in that case, play using the newest revisions, if you encounter massive bugs revert to older versions. Like 4.0-3000 or something.
uh, i have never encountered those issues megadardery. when was the last time you updated your drivers?

wnisdvh

Dolphin Verion:5.0-11622
Video Card/GPU:Intel HD Graphics 4000
Intel Video Card Driver Version: 10.18.10.5069

Problem: Use "OpenGL" Backend will lead to many Bugs. Can't run most Wii games.
Workaround: Use "Direct3D 11" Backend seems to solve most of the problems.
Please see our rules about necroposting:

Quote:Necroposting: In the "Dolphin Emulator Discussion and Support" and "Dolphin Site" subforums, do not revive a discussion older than 6 months unless your post adds something meaningful or otherwise contributes to the thread. Please create a new thread about your subject instead. Stickied threads and all other subforums are exempt, however, and users can freely post there regardless of how old the topics are.

Closed.