Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Request - Be able to control "fullscreen" with gameini files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I initially made a post about this in the Gameini Settings How To thread, but was told it was not currently possible. So hence the official feature request!

Please consider updating gameini files so that they can control the fullscreen global setting. It would be awesome to have specific games not run fullscreen.

For my scenario, I have all my games to be displayed as fullscreen, so I have the global setting checked on. However, I do have LoZ: Four Swords which needs separate instances of VBA-M to run to the side, so I don't want that game to be run fullscreen. While it's not the end of the world to toggle a setting for one game, I run my computer (from upstairs) to the downstairs living room TV. I use Kodi media center to launch all emulators (including Dolphin) from inside that. Because of this, I'm not actually at the computer when I'm launching the games. I'm doing it all via controller downstairs. Gameini files have been a lifesaver so far, but this is the one setting I've wanted to use that they can't currently control.

Overall, amazing job to all the developers. I'm fairly new to emulators (and Dolphin), and this is the most impressive emulator I've encountered.