Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Classic controller dpad weirdness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Kreeping_Death

I've searched for the answer, and I saw that others have had this problem, but I didn't see any solutions.

The problem is that the dpad on the classic controller doesn't work right, and hasn't (for me, at least) since about r3689. Until recently, I was just using an old plugin on the new revs, to get around the problem, but the old plugin crashes the emulator now. I have all of the buttons left at default, and they're mapped to the controller with Xpadder. All of the other buttons for every other control scheme work just fine, it's only the classic controller dpad that doesn't work correctly.

What happens is; no matter what buttons I set to be the digital directions, it only (and always) recognizes numbers (NOT numpad) 7-0, with 7=left 8=right 9=up and 0=down. This would be fine, except that the number 8 seems to toggle the safe texture cache, resulting in all kinds of graphical fun.

So, is there any way to make it stop forcing the use of 7-0? If not, is there a way to stop those buttons from toggling any settings?