Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: MBPro - Dolphin 4.0 - Help :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Skekses

Hi fellows, French newbie here !

As said in my profil, i'm using a MB Pro Retina 13" late 2013 under OSX 10.9.5
Processor : Intel Core i5 2,4Ghz
GPU : Intel Iris 5100
VRAM : 1,5Go
RAM : 8Go

Thought it would be enough to run Gamecube ISO's, but there's some slow-downs and sound bug :/
I searched a few advices on forums and youtube videos, I tried different settings, but the problem's still here...

I'm running Dolphin 4.0 (stable version), so I tried to upgrade it to 4.0-7xxx (latest release), but it crashes my controller and my computer...

Is my computer to weak ? Should i get a newer/older version of Dolphin ? Should I Just stay on my N64 emulator ? ^^
Lot of questions, so if you have some answers, that would be great Big Grin

Thx !
Upgrade to OSX 10.10.5

Skekses

Meh... :/ Yosemite seems to be also full of slow-downs especially on MBPro 13" late 2013. But if you think it could be a solution, I'll copy/carbon my 10.9 system an try to upgrade to Yosemite Smile
Yeahn ,10.10 has newer graphics drivers, which is probably your issue.

Skekses

Just watched some opinions on Yosemite, seems to be full of bug and slow-downs :/ I'll try to install it anyway but i'm not so confident about it...
Yosemite works fantastically on my MacBook Pro Mid 2014 (i7-4980HQ, GT 750M).  El Capitan should improve the pipeline efficiency with full Metal rendering. Although I'm surprised the Iris Pro 5100 is "leggy and janky" when my Mac with a 5200 is quite fluid while using the integrated graphics (obviously heavier tasks are much better with dedicated Nvidia graphics).
My hackintosh Core 2 Quad with GT 740 runs 10.10.4 perfectly fine
(08-27-2015, 11:11 AM)Skekses Wrote: [ -> ]Hi fellows, French newbie here !

As said in my profil, i'm using a MB Pro Retina 13" late 2013 under OSX 10.9.5
Processor : Intel Core i5 2,4Ghz
GPU : Intel Iris 5100
VRAM : 1,5Go
RAM : 8Go

Thought it would be enough to run Gamecube ISO's, but there's some slow-downs and sound bug :/
I searched a few advices on forums and youtube videos, I tried different settings, but the problem's still here...

I'm running Dolphin 4.0 (stable version), so I tried to upgrade it to 4.0-7xxx (latest release), but it crashes my controller and my computer...

Is my computer to weak ? Should i get a newer/older version of Dolphin ? Should I Just stay on my N64 emulator ? ^^
Lot of questions, so if you have some answers, that would be great Big Grin

Thx !
I have exactly the same model with you, but I never had your issues, even last year, before I upgraded to Yosemite. Mine is 2.6 GHz however, but it could always run most games at 2x resolutions and N64 games at 4x. Yours should be able to at least run them at full speed with 1x. Random slowdowns usually happen on OS X when you have many apps open at the same time, or just many tabs open in Safari, or in any other browser. Your disk could be almost full, this also slows down a Mac.
Don't use 4.0.2 stable.

It's not really stable, and is two year old trash.