Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Angel

Wii sports revolution

How Realistic would it sound like, Like in tennis, if you hit the ball is it going to rattle or something and golf and others
WTF?!?
Nope, sound from Wiimote is not working still
To answer your question, I'm not terribly impressed with the sound quality from my real Wii. Dolphin will likely be unable to actually produce sound directly from the wiimote, since the Bluetooth stack on the PC is (in my best understanding) not quite as fast as the Wii's direct hardware implementation. In other words, the PC can't stream sound packets to the wiimote fast enough for anything resembling good quality sound.

That said, it might one day be possible for Dolphin to redirect the Wiimote speaker sound to your PC's speakers instead, although I don't know how complicated that would be. It's certainly not on the high priority list, as very few games actually need it to be played. (I can think of *one* minigame in Sonic: Secret Rings, and it's a side game anyway. I'm sure there are others, but ehh)

To answer the question proper (since you don't seem to have played Wii Sports yet?) the sound from the speakers isn't usually terribly epic. The tennis game for example makes the exact same sound every time you hit the ball, etc etc. I know a lot of people who play with the wiimote speaker sound turned completely off.
There are a lot of examples of sounds from Wiimote, just in the same Brawl, when you choose a character, he does a specific noise for him. When you choose Mario, you hear "Here we go!" from Wiimote speaker, when you choose Link, you hear Link's shout.

Don't know much about other games, as thegamefreak0134 said it'd better be off Tongue