Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: CPU and GPU question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm going from an FX-8350 @ 4.9ghz to the i7-4790k. if I run the i7 at stock 4ghz to my understanding i should see way better performance in dolphin, correct? I have a gefroce gtx 550ti is this graphics card good enough to play all most all games at 3x internal resolution with the highest level of both the anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering? if not how about at 2x internal resolution with the highest level of both the anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering? if i were to buy a new gpu i would buy the Radeon R7 265 or the GTX 760.
It really depends on the game, but you should be able to get around 3x IR with various levels of AA/AF. Running in OpenGL will probably be better than D3D.
If you really want a new GPU, get a GTX 950 or 960.
Be careful will SSAA. It basicly requires the GPU to render at the double IR. So 3xIR + SSAA is as slow as 6xIR without AA.
The image quality is a bit better on a 1080p monitor (as they can't display 6xIR == 4k), but the hardware requirements are *huge*