Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Failed to Connect on Netplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to play Project M/Melee over Netplay I keep on getting the error "Failed to Connect" when I try to connect to my opponent. My opponent can't connect to me either and gets the same message. 

I've tried resetting transversal settings, making sure I have the right settings (unchecked 'Insert SD Card', no memory card inserted, no wiimotes), opened my firewall for Dolphin and port 6262, port forwarded port 6262, enable DMZ, and even tried to connect to the internet via ethernet. 

I've contacted my ISP and they said they don't block port or anything and I have been able to connect on Netplay once so I know my router and laptop okay. Any suggestions?

Edit: Windows troubleshooters say that more than 1 computer is using NAT, but I can't disable NAT. Any workarounds?
Are you trying to play your opponent over a Local Area Network? Because if not, that might have something to due do with being mutually unable to connect. From the little I know about Netplay, it may not necessarily work very well unless played over a LAN. But then, I have never tried Dolphin's Netplay feature, so I would not know for sure.
(08-25-2015, 12:28 PM)Red Buzzy Beetle Wrote: [ -> ]Are you trying to play your opponent over a Local Area Network?  Because if not, that might have something to due do with being mutually unable to connect.  From the little I know about Netplay, it may not necessarily work very well unless played over a LAN.  But then, I have never tried Dolphin's Netplay feature, so I would not know for sure.

No I haven't and that would really defeat the purpose of netplay. Why use LAN you could get a real tv and wii/gamecube and play with them in real life than side by side with two computer on the same network?

I've connected twice now but I still don't know why I only work rarely.