Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin runs slow, despite good hardware and optimal settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

gekko3558

Hey guys, just stumbled across this and fell in love with the project for the sole reason that I want to play SSBB with my custom xbox arcade stick!

my specs:
AMD 6000+ dual core 3.0GHz
4GIG DDR2 ram
nvidia 8800GTX
Windows 7 64-bit

my problem:
I have followed countless posts, tried a couple of different builds, and all my games emulate in a seemingly slow-motion.

My fps reads up to 60, but often down around 20 or so (still averaging 30-40 on the reader)... but even then, everything is just at half speed.

Since I am new to this project and have not had a lot of practice with it, i thought i would ask since i couldnt find a spot on answer to this...

thanks a ton!

-the one and only gekko

dolphin4ever

the vps is what important
That's just normal, are you annoyed by the game's slowness or the video choppiness? May sound dumb but you'll be telling a lot about the problem by answering it.
Watchdog 15
Play around with frameskipp
Post Dolphin Settings

gekko3558

Update:
After playing around a lot longer, I finally got the direct x running at near 60fps... the only downside to this method, is every 5 seconds, the entire thing locks up and stutters for a solid 2-5 seconds... there is still a good amount of slow-motion action going, especially during Tatsunoko vs Capcom

(09-14-2009, 11:27 AM)dolphin4ever Wrote: [ -> ]the vps is what important

what exactly is the vps?

(09-14-2009, 11:46 AM)CacoFFF Wrote: [ -> ]That's just normal, are you annoyed by the game's slowness or the video choppiness? May sound dumb but you'll be telling a lot about the problem by answering it.

nice sig... almost broke my monitor haha... and i would definitely have to go with these lockups that im experiencing... it makes everything entirely unplayable

(09-14-2009, 12:07 PM)Diddy Kong Wrote: [ -> ]Watchdog 15
Play around with frameskipp
Post Dolphin Settings

doing it now... will post when i do it
changed nothing...

as far as builds go, what would you guys recommend using for optimal performance?
its hard for me to really post my settings since they change every time...

I have really tried anything and everything...

Optimizing Quantizers has zero effect

forcing bi/tri-linear filtering has zero effect

the frame skips options have zero effect

the only real effect ive noticed at all was between open gl and direct x which i mentioned above

gekko3558

self bump, checking to see if anyone else has these same issues or could recommend a great build

dolphin4ever

(09-14-2009, 12:21 PM)gekko3558 Wrote: [ -> ][quote='dolphin4ever' pid='39768' dateline='1252891675']
the vps is what important

it's something like vertex's per second. It needs to be 60 for fullspeed.
It should be next to the fps meter