Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: When will the Starlet processor be emulated?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MoochMcGee

I was wondering when the Starlet would be emulated, as since it's possible to upload code to it, a piece of homebrew software could rely on it, and end up crashing in Dolphin. In my opinion, it's the last big unemulated bit of hardware for the Wii, except certain bits of the MMU.
Never and nobody cares.
*waves her magic moderator wand*

Moved to development discussion.

MoochMcGee

(08-20-2015, 09:21 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]Never and nobody cares.

Why never? Dolphin can't really be fully compatible with the Wii if it doesn't emulate the Starlet!
Can you name actually interesting homebrew that can't be emulated because of this? Most of the homebrew that uses the arm cpu is for hacking the wii itself(Bootmii, or installers). Please don't name linux.
Another thing it would be useful for is working around bugs in Dolphin's IOS HLE, but like delroth says, nobody really cares about it. It would take a lot of work to implement for little benefit, so I'd be surprised (but happy Smile) if it happens.
mimimi Wrote:Please don't name linux.

Dolphin running a Wii running Linux running Dolphin running a Wii running Linux running Dolphin running a Wii running Linux...

Oh my god, it is beautiful!
(08-20-2015, 05:09 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin running a Wii running Linux running Dolphin running a Wii running Linux running Dolphin running a Wii running Linux...

Oh my god, it is beautiful!

[Image: tumblr_nsaa82YEaq1ubdz64o1_400.gif]
Oh, LLE of starlet? Sounds fine to me, but be prepared for lots of headache because of all kind of hardware access.
But I don't see anyone willing to do it. So patches are always welcome Tongue