Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Audio too Deeply Pitched
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

C0balt

Hi All-
I just got Dolphin, and a controller to boot. However I'm having a problem with game audio...if audio is set to xAudio 2, it runs perfectly, except all sounds are much lower pitched than they are supposed to. If I run audio as OpenAL, it is the correct pitch but crackles and jumps. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I have no idea. The two games I have run with this are RE4 and Super Mario Sunshine, and both have the same problem.
Thanks,
C0balt.
The latest version of dolphin should probably fix SMS. I'm not sure about RE4, you might need to use LLE.
Maybe it's just a regular performance problem?
Make sure the framelimiter is set to "Auto".

C0balt

(08-20-2015, 06:28 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]The latest version of dolphin should probably fix SMS. I'm not sure about RE4, you might need to use LLE.

What is LLE?
It's low-level emulation for audio. You can switch from HLE to LLE audio in the audio tab of the configuration menu. LLE can fix bugs that exist in the HLE implementation, but using it is much slower.