Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Updating INI files - cleanup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I like updating the INI files manually because I enable a bunch of settings for cheats, visuals or performance. I sometimes observe that many good known settings aren't included in the INIs from default, so I wonder if the next are the case, or simply outdated settings that have been solved already:

BlockMerging needed for DKCR, Sonic Adventure DX?
FastDiscSpeed for Metroid Prime Trilogy and Star Wars Rogue Leader?
BBox for Paper Mario GC?
GPUDeterminismMode = fake-completion for F-Zero GX, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and No More Heroes?
$Hyrule Field Speed Hack for Twilight Princess?

With the recent Zelda-HLE fix can I get rid of DSP JIT in Pikmin 1 & 2 and MGS Twin Snakes?
Can I get rid entirely of the ProjectionHack settings for all games, including PH_ExtraParam = 1 for Dragons Lair and Metroid - Other M?
(08-20-2015, 05:24 AM)eckso Wrote: [ -> ]FastDiscSpeed for Metroid Prime Trilogy and Star Wars Rogue Leader?

Dolphin focuses on accurate emulation by default. That games like Metroid Prime 3 take a long time to load some rooms is simply how the game is - game INIs are only supposed to contain compatibility fixes, not forced enhancements. Or are there any issues in these games that FastDiscSpeed fixes that I'm not aware of?

(08-20-2015, 05:24 AM)eckso Wrote: [ -> ]BBox for Paper Mario GC?

Already included: https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/b...8M.ini#L22

(08-20-2015, 05:24 AM)eckso Wrote: [ -> ]$Hyrule Field Speed Hack for Twilight Princess?

This is included but not enabled by default. I don't think Dolphin lets default INIs force AR or Gecko codes on.

(08-20-2015, 05:24 AM)eckso Wrote: [ -> ]With the recent Zelda-HLE fix can I get rid of DSP JIT in Pikmin 1 & 2 and MGS Twin Snakes?

Yes, but the important thing is that DSPHLE isn't set to false, not what the JIT setting is set to. If DSPHLE is true, DSP JIT is ignored. If DSPHLE is false, DSP JIT should be true, otherwise you might get horrible performance depending on which LLE mode was set last.

EDIT: Apparently the PAL Wii version of Pikmin 1 doesn't work with HLE currently, so if you have that specific version, stay on LLE for now.
I see thanks for the help. I think FastDiscSpeed is needed not very long ago. Let's see if somebody knows about BlockMerging, GPUDeterminismMode and ProjectHack.
(08-20-2015, 06:01 AM)eckso Wrote: [ -> ]I see thanks for the help. I think FastDiscSpeed is needed not very long ago. Let's see if somebody knows about BlockMerging, GPUDeterminismMode and ProjectHack.

BlockMerging is removed in latest dev and not needed.
Any hint about the ProjectionHack settings?

I guess GPUDeterminismMode is still in need for games, right?

edit: Probably outdated (link)
About the speed hacks, you could add some kind of reference in the ini about the speedhacks that work fine in that game and when you check an option in the Dolphin interface ("enable all compatible speed hacks in all games") those hacks will be activated.

PS: Are there some game that get broken with FastDiscSpeed?
PS2: Is there an ini option to force language selection of Wii? Because changing it to japanese is the only way to boot Tales of Graces.
(08-29-2015, 07:25 AM)Intruso Wrote: [ -> ]Are there some game that get broken with FastDiscSpeed?
Yes, which is why it's usually up to the user to enable it.