Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Unable to open Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Demos47

When ever I try to run or open dolphin, it crashes and gives me the windows error report. It crashes both on dolphin.exe and dolphinIL.exe. I downloaded the 32 bit version since I run in windows XP 32 bit

Here are my specs
2.1Ghz processor(overclocked unsure brand)
512 MB ATI Radeon x1650
1GB Ram

I assume I could at least run it, not sure why it doesn't even open. Any help would be appreciated!Big Grin

dolphin4ever

your pc probably doesn't support sse2
(09-14-2009, 09:38 AM)Demos47 Wrote: [ -> ]When ever I try to run or open dolphin, it crashes and gives me the windows error report. It crashes both on dolphin.exe and dolphinIL.exe. I downloaded the 32 bit version since I run in windows XP 32 bit

Here are my specs
2.1Ghz processor(overclocked unsure brand)
512 MB ATI Radeon x1650
1GB Ram

I assume I could at least run it, not sure why it doesn't even open. Any help would be appreciated!Big Grin

your pc dont hace the spec to run it you cps don have sse2
Either go to start->run->type "dxdiag" without "" and you should see the CPU info. Or you can download "CPU-Z" which gives more information about your CPU, motherboard and so on. But chances are the CPU isn't power enough and/or doesn't support SSE2. If it's not a dual core (Core 2 Duo and not Pentium-D) then, well, it won't run very fast at all. It's worth the upgrade if and when you have the funds to it.