Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Why do I get massive slowdowns in some games when there are cutscene transitions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

it's been a while since I tested a new Dolphin version and I've got to say great work you guys!

There's only one thing that bothers me a lot. In some games I get a massive slowdown, mostly when cutscene transitions are happening but also randomly sometimes. I have only tested the GCN Mario Partys and Mario Galaxy so far. In Mario Pary it only appears at cutscene transitions. In Mario Galaxy at star selection screen (I know it's a demanding game but you guys made Dolphin running so good that it runs with full speed @ 2.9 Ghz most of the time)

So is it my hardware or is there still some nasty bug?
it's your hardware
Agree . First gen i7 is too old to run Dolphin well
Quote:I know it's a demanding game but you guys made Dolphin running so good that it runs with full speed @ 2.9 Ghz most of the time
Yeah ,that 's a big improment compared to old Dolphin version which used to require i5 2500k / i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz to run SMG full speed wihout lag . But still , your CPU is not good enough . You have to run games full speed all the time to avoid lag
I have i5 480M @ 2.9GHz which is pretty much the same architecture as your CPU , i know it's no way fast enough for demanding games