Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: xbox 360 rockband guitar controller w/ dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed there is an option to connect the guitar hero 3 controller for the wii. A friend of mine is offering to sell me his xbox 360 rockband. Will it work with dolphin on wii games?

I searched and found no specific thread on this =/
How do you expect to get a guitar for a different console to work with dolphin?
It has to be wii, i believe you insert the wii mote into the guitar itself.
Does the 360 allow you to do that??
er, maybe but not easily.
(09-14-2009, 10:44 AM)Diddy Kong Wrote: [ -> ]How do you expect to get a guitar for a different console to work with dolphin?
It has to be wii, i believe you insert the wii mote into the guitar itself.
Does the 360 allow you to do that??

Well... I am using an xbox 360 controller (from another system) for the gamecube

I thought (correct me if I'm wrong), that sometimes these emulators find ways to let you use controllers from other systems on an emulator. The xbox 360 controller is usb, so it can plug in directly to the computer. I don't know how this works technically, just a question. Thanks for the help!
I have not tested this at all, I assumed what you assumed. But if that doesn't work I know you can just remap all the fretts to keyboard keys. Whammy bar would be on/off feature and you'd have to bind the shack option to spacebar or something so you can use rock power.
Well if BigBiker is correct, what you could do also is use a program called Joy2Key. You could map all of the fret buttons, including the whammy bar to the keyboard. So if you mapped the Blue fret to the letter "A", and mapped the Blue Fret on the Controller using Joy2Key to the letter "A", I believe it could work that way. But then again, this is just a wild guess so I could be wrong.

marksteven

Hi,
According to me,you should easily connect you x-box with your computer.Because your x-box worked as a usb.And you can play game on the wii.
Thanks for sharing this information.

Turien

Now, this all sounds right, about being able to configure other console's controllers for emulation, however, I know that (On a Console) : Rock Band's Controller will not work on Guitar Hero. So I would assume, that you would want to go get a Guitar Hero Guitar from Gamestop or something. tl:dr Rock Band Controllers are different.
use xpadder (use google Tongue) to map the buttons to keyboard buttons and then map those buttons to the wii controller...