Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin sometimes freezes when i push the ESC to exit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use dolphin rc-7. When i want to quit from dolphin, i push ESC. But it sometimes freezes and so i am not closing the dolphin. Also i am not opening the task manager. I can only reset the pc. Please fix.
Note: I use dolphin as full screen and my pc's os is windows 10.
I use the latest dev versions and iv noticed i only get that issue if my games are set for opengl, if there set for d3d it doesnt freeze when exiting
(08-18-2015, 12:07 AM)JOHN30011887 Wrote: [ -> ]I use the latest dev versions and iv noticed i only get that issue if my games are set for opengl, if there set for d3d it doesnt freeze when exiting

I use d3d.
Try the latest development build.
Make sure you're using your Nvidia card, because that sounds like an Intel GPU bug that used to affect users.
@JOHN30011887: I have freezing with OGL if I exit fullscreen, but it got fixed when I changed to "render to main window". I'd prefer using separate rendering window, but it's not so big a deal since I always play in fullscreen.
This only happens with my Intel HD computer, so this is most likely a driver problem that involves OpenGL window handling.(honestly _no_ idea)
Note, I don't think this has nothing to do with D3D freezing that the op has. My D3D freezing (while exiting fullscreen) got fixed with https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/2538 that was merged in 4.0-7091 a month ago.