Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Performance going down...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
but if you have it on low then bye to dolphin speed...lol Tongue just try it and make sure not to cover your fan...ou mite have to sit funny
(09-15-2009, 06:33 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]It's a bad setting if you are not conected to a power supply

That's my doubt ever since I bought my notebook. Are there any negative effects to the battery if I keep it permanently connected to the main power supply?

(09-15-2009, 06:34 AM)hansenderek Wrote: [ -> ]but if you have it on low then bye to dolphin speed...lol Tongue just try it and make sure not to cover your fan...ou mite have to sit funny

In fact, I use my notebook on mid tier performance. I didn't change it at all until this very moment.
(09-15-2009, 06:38 AM)Ansatsuken Wrote: [ -> ]That's my doubt ever since I bought my notebook. Are there any negative effects to the battery if I keep it permanently connected to the main power supply?
I remember that it have a negative effect ( I don't remember why), so when you are using the notebook connected to a power supply you have to unplugg the battery (to avid damage it) .And do you remember the old cadmium batteries , you have to fully uncharge them to avoid damaging it, but with the new Litium-ion batteries you have to uncharge until the 20% (max) or you could damage the batterie
That's the point. Nowadays I have my notebook using the battery's power until it reaches about 5%, and then plug it to the power supply to recharge. Dunno if it's totally safe, though...
Anyway, with high performance, how long the battery lasts until it reaches its critical?
(09-15-2009, 07:00 AM)Ansatsuken Wrote: [ -> ]Nowadays I have my notebook using the battery's power until it reaches about 5%
Holy crap ! if you notebook uses a litium-ion baterie it will damage it
(09-15-2009, 07:18 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]Holy crap ! if you notebook uses a litium-ion baterie it will damage it

Then what should I do about the battery if I use high performance? I don't suppose it'll last too long anyway...
just unplugg it Tongue and connect it to the power suply ( that socket in the wall with three holes Big Grin )
That should do it... I guess. Even if the emulator's performance doesn't change a thing. xD
Anyway, thanks for your help, comrades.
Wikipedia says: "Lithium-ion batteries are common in portable consumer electronics because of their high energy-to-weight ratios, lack of memory effect, and slow loss of charge when not in use."

afaik it's not required to unplug the battery when the power supply is connected, because the battery does not get charged when its fully loaded - just tell me if i'm wrong
Pages: 1 2