Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Amazing PC runs half speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

xxdavis97

Okay so I have intel I7 with 16 gigs of ram and Nvidia 965M graphics card...why does dolphin run at 50%..
Your profile gives the rest of your system specs, but you didn't say which game you are trying to play!

xxdavis97

(08-12-2015, 02:41 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]Your profile gives the rest of your system specs, but you didn't say which game you are trying to play!

Sorry! I did both threads because I didn't know which category this fell under! It's smash melee but the problem has been resolved as it turned out Nvidia was limiting my FPS to 30 to preserve power so I simply changed that and now it's perfect. Thanks though Smile
I'm getting really sick of all NVidia/Intel/AMD bullshit to preserve battery. It causes heavy performance loss and the settings to turn on and off in order to enable the full potential of a good laptop are not user friendly at all.

It's good for those who don't play, but gamers usually play with AC cable plugged and want all the power of their laptop unleashed.
"i'm getting sick of all those evil companies trying to preserve battery life for the majority of all their customers"
Yeah, I know... ><
It would be nice if there was some kind of simple and easy way to switch between preserve battery/full performance, without the need to deal and play with settings in GPU's Panel.
It's supposed to be automatic, but it's not very suitable.