Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Direct3D Post Process
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to use FXAA in Direct3D, but Unlike OpenGL, it's not available in the graphics section. Can I inject FXAA with SweetFX? Or is there another way?

I know it's available in Ishiiruka, but for Metroid Prime 2 and 3, I use 4.0-7207, and in Order for the scan Visor to work, I can't use Anti aliasing.
Yes, you can use ReShade (SweetFX 2.0) to inject FXAA to DirectX 11 on Dolphin.
(08-12-2015, 05:42 AM)DrHouse64 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you can use ReShade (SweetFX 2.0) to inject FXAA to DirectX 11 on Dolphin.

I downloaded a few versions , but none worked. Have Anyone the link for download and how do for work?
(08-25-2015, 09:23 AM)BrunoNabas Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2015, 05:42 AM)DrHouse64 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you can use ReShade (SweetFX 2.0) to inject FXAA to DirectX 11 on Dolphin.

I downloaded a few versions , but none worked. Have Anyone the link for download and how do for work?

Download the ishiiruka build, it's a custom version of Dolphin and it comes with DolphinFX allowing you to select FXAA in the post processing graphics for Directx 11.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...om-version
walfo1 Wrote:Download the ishiiruka build

*ahem*

DolphinPC Wrote:I know it's available in Ishiiruka

And remember walfo1, Ishiiruka contains a lot of dangerous and complex options and should not be recommended causally! It could cause a lot of problems if used by someone who doesn't know what they are doing. Fortunately, DolphinPC knows a great deal arleady. Smile

DolphinPC: Obviously you could just use OpenGL and get it, but you know that and I guess you have a reason why you are using D3D. So otherwise, you should try injecting it. Dolphin's FXAA isn't very good anyway, and using your graphic's driver options or an injector like ReShade would provide better results!

I should warn you know, Metroid Prime 3 has a great deal of trouble with shader compiling time, and there isn't a solution to that right now. Sad
(08-29-2015, 03:12 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]
walfo1 Wrote:Download the ishiiruka build

*ahem*

DolphinPC Wrote:I know it's available in Ishiiruka

And remember walfo1, Ishiiruka contains a lot of dangerous and complex options and should not be recommended causally! It could cause a lot of problems if used by someone who doesn't know what they are doing. Fortunately, DolphinPC knows a great deal arleady. Smile

DolphinPC: Obviously you could just use OpenGL and get it, but you know that and I guess you have a reason why you are using D3D. So otherwise, you should try injecting it. Dolphin's FXAA isn't very good anyway, and using your graphic's driver options or an injector like ReShade would provide better results!

I should warn you know, Metroid Prime 3 has a great deal of trouble with shader compiling time, and there isn't a solution to that right now. Sad

Yep I found a "solution", and I'm using Ishiiruka for the Metroid Prime games (The emulation is just like the regular build, I checked my settings tons of time, I really spent many hours trying to get them playable)

The "solution" is: (applies to both regular and ishiiruka builds, if you are not using any special ishiiruka settings): Play each games for an hour in the Directd3D11 backend (better for those games, but you may not be able to use anti aliasing in MPP2 and 3), and Metroid Prime 3 for even 2 hours because the stuttering is a lot worse. When you're playing, complete the first hour or so of each game, BUT, instead of just playing regularly, try to repeat every possible action as many times as you can (the more, the better, but it only depends on your patience). that means shoot the canon as many times as you can, do as many power shots as you can, switch to morph ball back and forth, try to kill enemies with the morph ball, switch to moprh ball, press A (morph ball attack) and then switch back to normal, and switch to the available visors back and forth. after you did all this, quit dolphin. then start it again, and restart the games if you don't mind starting them again with less stuttering and more fun, or just continue playing. Now you will have 99.9% stutter free game, except for when a new effect is being loaded for the first time. Don't use per pixel lighting as it causes additional stuttering, and I recommend to disable Fast Depth calculation (causes a few minor graphical issues). If you can do this and be patient enough, you will see that dolphin is the best way to plat the games, since the emultion is almost perfect even on 3, and perfect in 1 and 2. I used Ishiiruka 412 (cause other regular dev builds did some problem for me in MP2), but without any special settings besides downsampling filter, so everything works just as good as the regular builds. It doesn't help in OpenGL.
That's just another work around; a solution requires no workarounds and emulates the console perfectly!
(08-29-2015, 09:19 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]That's just another work around; a solution requires no workarounds and emulates the console perfectly!

That's why I said "solution". but yeah, the emulation is indeed perfect besides the shader compilation (I checked this very carefully, and even watched many videos from real Wii' and Gamecubes), and it depends on your patience. After all I don't want to keep waiting for the Ubershader solution to come out to play it (Unless it will come out soon, which it won't according to some devs), especially after I already did this end can enjoy a stutter free game. It's a nice work around if you are patient enough, and it's totally worth it in my opinion.
If you have an nVidia card, nVidia control panel has an option for FXAA.