Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Ishiiruka Predictive Fifo (NOT async shaders)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using Ishiiruka 412 (based on on of the newest development versions) with Predictive Fifo. according to the page, using Predictive Fifo WITHOUT Async Shaders can reduce the shader cache stuttering with no issues at all (just trying Metroid Prime 2 and 3 after testing them many many times, seems to be true but I just need to play them a little bit more to be 100% sure). If that's indeed the case, why the feature isn't being implemented into master or stable branch (actually I don't know the difference between the two). Yes I know it's a hack, But if it's almost entirely eliminating stutters without any emulation issues at all, then why you aren't implementing it? Unlike async shaders, the emulation quality/accuracy remains exactly the same, and it doesn't introduce issues, so it probably doesn't make dolphin less accurate (again, it probably doesn't introduce issues at all, just want to test a little bit further to be 100% sure).

Link: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...om-version

You can see there that the OP says Fifo alone has no glitches at all.

I'm really asking out of curiosity, and again, I want to say that nothing can describe how great is your work of over a decade
Pull Requests on GitHub are welcome, so if someone wants to implement it, they can submit a patch and it'll go under code review and everything and the devs can decide if this is something they want in master. Predictive FIFO would be helpful to have, but the only thing really missing is someone who is willing to put in the effort and time to code it. (I'm not sure if Ishiiruka's maintainers want to port their implementation to master either)

The stable branch is essentially an outdated copy of the master branch that is considered as "stable". Stable releases and release candidates are built from that branch.
pull requests are always welcome. It just involves the Ishiiruka devs to want to do it.