Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Rogue Squadron Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all, I really want to thank the devs for creating such a great emulator, that always keeps getting better and better, you are the best! Smile and the community here is very helpful too Smile

I know that those games were really hard to emulate due to zfreeze and other functions that were used only by those two games. With My 4.3GHZ 5930K and GTX 980, I'm able to run 99% of my games with full speed even when using CPU override, but with those two Games I can't even reach full speed in some levels without CPU override and at the lowest internal resolution. Will the performance be increased in those two games in the future? the draw distance will also be fixed (or has that been fixed already? of course not the zfreeze problem, I saw that in some levels there's a problem with the draw distance)? I'm asking only because I know that they are some of the most problematic games to emulate on dolphin (It's clear to me that they really pushed the gamecube hardware).
Turning on EFB2Texture can make the game faster, but break some effects. The CPU Clock Override feature can also be used to make the game more playable, albeit at a lower fps (by lowering the clock).