Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Another "Can I run it?" thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys!

I am Balint from Hungary. I've been a old fan of gamecubes and I would like to play with the new SSB Brawl.
It looks quite fancy. So I have a question.

The question is rather simple: Can I run it on my laptop?
Here is my configuration (I also have it in my profile):
-Intel Core i3 3110M (2.4 GHz | 3Mb L2 Chache)
-8 GB DDR3 RAM
-120Gb SSD
-2 videocards: Intel HD 4000 for desktop / AMD Radeon HD 8750M 1GB DDR3 RAM for games

If yes, can anybody send me a dolphin configuration for it?

(Can I play with it online? :$)
If you use either high performance mode in Windows or Throttlestop to ensure that your clock speeds are always at max you should be okay to play many games, however you'll likely struggle to play heavy games like Twilight Princess, Rogue Squadron, Last Story, Xenoblade, etc.

Also, use either the latest development build or the latest release candidate build. Do not use stable.
(08-08-2015, 07:03 PM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]If you use either high performance mode in Windows or Throttlestop to ensure that your clock speeds are always at max you should be okay to play many games, however you'll likely struggle to play heavy games like Twilight Princess, Rogue Squadron, Last Story, Xenoblade, etc.

Also, use either the latest development build or the latest release candidate build. Do not use stable.

Does Super Smash Bros Brawl considered as a "Heavy Game"?
Nope! It's actually considered a pretty light game.

Project M also works very well in Dolphin.
(08-08-2015, 07:14 PM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]Nope! It's actually considered a pretty light game.

Project M also works very well in Dolphin.

I tried it but it still only performs 30-35FPS and also the sound laggs like hell.

[Image: meh_zpsgufu4gqz.png]
Also, here is my Dolphin setting. Did I make anything wrong?

[Image: meh_zpsr6jfqvfr.png]
Don't use Direct3D9 and don't use that old Dolphin version.

Make sure that your proper graphics card is being used instead of the Intel one. The setting in the graphics configuration can be unreliable - you should force the right graphics card to be used using the AMD settings, and you can check which graphics card actually is being used by enabling on-screen display messages and looking for the yellow text when a game starts.

Setting DSP emulation to HLE can also help, but the other things are more important.
(08-08-2015, 07:59 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Don't use Direct3D9 and don't use that old Dolphin version.

Make sure that your proper graphics card is being used instead of the Intel one. The setting in the graphics configuration can be unreliable - you should force the right graphics card to be used using the AMD settings, and you can check which graphics card actually is being used by enabling on-screen display messages and looking for the yellow text when a game starts.

Setting DSP emulation to HLE can also help, but the other things are more important.

Okay, so with the new Dolphin and the changes I managed to get a fix 54-60FPS with a 4-man mode on a moving map.
The only problem is that the sound still sometimes laggs especially when the FPS drops from 60-55/54.

PS: It somehow forced the stronger card as well.
[Image: meh3_zpsehsyf24w.png]
What version are you using.

Do not use the stable versions. They are old as hell.
Also, since you're using an AMD card, you should use the DirectX graphics backend, not OpenGL.
Pages: 1 2