Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my Laptop Good enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So this is the laptop I'm getting:

GPU: on-board NVIDIA GTX 860M
Chipset: High Performance Intel Mobile HM87 Express (Haswell)
Processor: 2.5GHz (Up to 3.2GHz) Intel Mobile Core i5-4210M
Memory: up to 16GB DDR3L-1600/1866; two SODIMM sockets; Dual Channel
Storage: up to 4TB of storage; 3 physical SATA3 (6Gb/s) drives; 2x mSATA3 + 1x HDD/SSD
Keyboard: Backlit keyboard with 3-levels of intensity
Audio System: Sound Blaster Cinema; High Definition Audio; 2 built-in speakers and microphone
Ports: USB 2.0; 3x USB 3.0 (1x powered AC/DC); HDMI 1.4a out; VGA; Headphone; Mic; RJ45/LAN
Communication: 1Gigabit LAN; WLAN; Bluetooth
Weight: 2kg / 4.4lbs (with battery)
Dimensions: WxDxH 330x227x31.9mm; 13.2x9.98x1.28-inch
Battery Life: up to 300 minutes; 62.16WH battery
Security: Kensington Lock and Embedded TPM 1.2

Games I'm planning to play:

Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword
One Piece Unlimited Cruise I & II

How well will these games play in terms of speed/FPS?
Please give any suggestions you need. I'm planning on getting a laptop from eurocom.com so
if you think there is a much better laptop/base configuration than this, please let me know.
Yeah.

Twilight Princess is known to have some slowdowns even on high end systems but if you follow the configuration recommendations you should be fine.

I'd also make sure that your laptop is set to high performance mode when playing dolphin as many laptop's power management systems like to throttle clock speeds to save power. Setting Windows to high performance mode should work, or you can use throttlestop to do the same thing. Keep an eye on temperatures though because thermal throttling may happen.
Is that a multimedia laptop ? Base on the weight alone , it's not gaming laptop
99% Non-gaming will overheat when running dolphin