Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dedicated CG not detected with Optimus on Dolphin x64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(08-09-2015, 12:19 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Nvidia Optimus driver will never work with Dolphin as long as you keep using windows 7
Windows 8 ( not 8.1) by far the best OS for my Nvidia GT 540M

I really don't want to switch to Windows 8, nor to windows 10 (due to driver issues).

Windows 7 is a supported OS for Dolphin and Optimus, so it should work without any issues. The PS2 emulator pcx2 is able to detect without any problem my graphic cards with the GSdx plugin, so there is no reason for Dolphin to not be able to do so. Moreover, the x86 version of Dolphin is able to detect the 660m and with pcsx2, I can launch it with my integrated graphic card and it will still list all my gpu. Sadly the last x86 build is almost 2 years old.
(08-09-2015, 12:19 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Nvidia Optimus driver will never work with Dolphin as long as you keep using windows 7
Windows 8 ( not 8.1) by far the best OS for my Nvidia GT 540M

Untrue. Windows 7 works just as well; the OS is not the problem.

You could see if a clean install of your graphics drivers would work.
Quote:Untrue. Windows 7 works just as well; the OS is not the problem.
It's OS issue . I don't know why it works with your GTX 980M but it didn't work with my GT 540M and GT 520M from my friend's laptop
(08-09-2015, 08:18 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Untrue. Windows 7 works just as well; the OS is not the problem.
It's OS issue . I don't know why it works with your GTX 980M but it didn't work with my GT 540M and GT 520M from my friend's laptop

If Pcsx2 has a graphic plugin (GSdx) that is detecting all my gpus without any issue, and independently of which gpu I set to launch the program with, then it's not an OS issue.

It's more likely an issue with how Dolphin handle the detection of the gpus.
Pages: 1 2