Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [5.0-rc] Performance issues / audio lag in several games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Pardon the potential double-post, but I figured since this is the support forum, my question would be more accurately situated here.
I have installed Dolphin 5.0-rc today and am running into major performance issues eventhough my rig should not have any problems to run any game whatsoever, here are the specs

4790K, GTX 970, 8GB DDR3

Worst part is, DKC Returns, SMG1 and SMG2 all display the same type of issue as you can see in the short video below. This is a direct OBS capture of what I get, no post-processing has been applied. All default settings in Dolphin except the audio compiler being set to DSP LLE and the video backend switched to DX3D11. Everything else has remained untouched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7q5XupoDX8

These games used to run way better on a 6 year old Quad Core Q6600 so I really don't know what I'm doing wrong here. HWMonitor also shows no issues with overheating on both the GPU and all my CPU threads since HyperThreading is on. Just for comparison, Witcher 3 on Ultra gives me constant 55-60 FPS so Dolphin should not be too much of a problem to handle... Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, wonderful community!

Many thanks in advance!
Have you tried HLE audio instead of LLE (and OGL instead of DX11)? Have you tried the latest development build instead of 5.0-RC? Is the GPU in Dolphin's settings set to your integrated card? Is your preferred GPU in NVIDIA's control panel set to the high-perf NVIDIA GPU?
(08-07-2015, 12:45 PM)OatmealDome Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried HLE audio instead of LLE (and OGL instead of DX11)?
How it was initially, no difference!

Have you tried the latest development build instead of 5.0-RC?
Can't say I did, will give it a go!

Is the GPU in Dolphin's settings set to your integrated card?
No. Set to the GTX 970!

Is your preferred GPU in NVIDIA's control panel set to the high-perf NVIDIA GPU?
Not used to the NVIDIA Control Panel so I never fooled around with it, I assume it would :/