Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Dolphin 5.0-rc-1] Attempting to run Mario Power Tennis on Netplay = never runs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can play the game in perfect quality without being on Netplay. But, when I try to host the game through Netplay, the game never loads. It is just a black screen, and that is all. I've had my friend host it, and the same thing occurs. He can also play it in perfect quality if it's not in Netplay.

We've tried:

Hosting the game solo on Netplay [failure]
Hosting the game with both of us on netplay [failure]
Changing all of our settings to default [failure]
Making sure we both have no memory card [failure]
Playing the game solo, offline. [Success]

I'm really interested in playing Mario Power Tennis on Netplay, so that would be great if someone could be of assistance. I searched all over the forums, and couldn't find a prior discussion on this, so if there is one, please point me towards it. Thanks!
and you are both using the same version? do you have the same md5 hash
(08-07-2015, 08:47 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]and you are both using the same version? do you have the same md5 hash

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the 'md5 hash.' Is there anyway you could explain what that is to me? Assumably, though, we should. We both downloaded the same version of Dolphin, and made sure that our settings were exactly the same, and are using the same OS. I don't see why they'd be different. Also, pretty much every other game works really well with Netplay for us sans Super Monkeyball 2, which we cannot get past the loading screen for, and it has extremely brutal audio and video stuttering (but it works perfectly for solo play).
if you have the same game dump, one of yours might be off and you just don't notice the issues until you try to netplay
To calculate the MD5 hash, right click the game in the game list, then go to the Info tab and click "Compute". Compare this to 1) a Mario Power Tennis hash found on the internet and 2) your friend's md5 checksum
yee that too
Alright, so we both checked our MD5 hashes, and it appears as though they are the exact same value [286c7fae43220b6bb45c169185d36ad3]. Comparing this to a value obtained online, it seems like they are different. Does it matter, though? Both of our values are the same.
you both have valid dumps. i don't know what the issue is, i'm not an expert in netplay
(08-07-2015, 09:14 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]you both have valid dumps. i don't know what the issue is, i'm not an expert in netplay

Are some games just not possible to play on Netplay? It seems as though certain games can be played solo, but once Netplay is involved, it doesn't work.
Anyone have another thought on it?
Pages: 1 2