Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [4.0-6554] Melee patchy graphics issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

chubysnow

When I switched from Dolphin 4.0-652 to version 4.0-6554, the textures in the game became patchy. The problem is visible when no character is selected. http://snag.gy/gkJ9k.jpg The issue is worse however, with any particle effects on screen. http://snag.gy/QqjBV.jpg I am running Intel HD Graphics 4000 and updated the graphics drivers from both Intel and Gateway, my desktop's manufacturer. I reinstalled both the iso and Dolphin, and made sure to use the correct settings in both, but there must be something pretty obvious I am missing. Has anyone had this issue before and fixed it?
Try OpenGL?

chubysnow

(08-07-2015, 06:49 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Try OpenGL?

I have updated my graphics driver to the newest version, but when I try to run the game using OpenGL I get an error asking if my driver supports OpenGL 2.0.
Looking at your specs again, why do you only have 1 GB of RAM?
You don't have a dedicated GPU, just your HD 4000, so this is probably an Intel HD bug. Make sure you have the latest drivers.

GET MORE RAM!!!
And then get a GTX 750 or something.
think of a CPU as a faucet and RAM as the drain. what goes through the drain is how much your system can accomplish in the realm of CPU usage. if you have a really strong faucet, but your drain is really small, you can't really get much done. the inverse is also true, a really big faucet isn't going to do you much good if your faucet isn't very big. get more RAM, you're bottlenecking the amount of work that your processor can do.

also, who sold you a system with a 2012 i7 and 1GB of RAM? they ripped you off

chubysnow

(08-07-2015, 07:32 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]think of a CPU as a faucet and RAM as the drain. what goes through the drain is how much your system can accomplish in the realm of CPU usage. if you  have a really strong faucet, but your drain is really small, you can't really get much done. the inverse is also true, a really big faucet isn't going to do you much good if your faucet isn't very big. get more RAM, you're bottlenecking the amount of work that your processor can do.

also, who sold you a system with a 2012 i7 and 1GB of RAM? they ripped you off

I bought the computer off new egg probably about to years ago. I will look into getting more RAM, but this issue only arose when I switched from 652 to 6554.