Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Zooming games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So a few games have this cinematic aspect ratio, eventhough they were made for 4:3 televisions.
The most logical thing i'd naturally do is just to zoom them until they fit my screen, but to my suprise there is no zoom function.

At least, i can't seem to find it. Just to illustrate, this is what i mean;

[Image: mpvOOnQl.jpg]

It's in 16:9, only it's been added bars above and below to fit as 4:3. Using widescreen hack, forcing 16:9 both result in the game being stretched as it is, so the bars remain and it just becomes worse.

I'd like to zoom the game, effectively cropping the black bars and making it perfectly fit the screen. Any idea's on how to accomplish this?

Regards, 
maj.
Go to Graphics > Advanced and enable Crop. I think you will need to update to the newest development version, though. There has been a fix for the Crop option that is so new that not even 5.0 has it.
Ah there it is. But that only cuts it from 4:3 to 5:4, or from 16:9 tot 16:10
Is that feature available in the latest dev. build?

EDIT: it doesn't seem to do much. Does it have to be used together with something else to make it work?
(08-05-2015, 11:27 PM)Majesticii Wrote: [ -> ]Ah there it is. But that only cuts it from 4:3 to 5:4, or from 16:9 tot 16:10

That's what it did in the past, but in the newest development builds, it should crop to whatever aspect ratio you are using.
(08-05-2015, 11:39 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2015, 11:27 PM)Majesticii Wrote: [ -> ]Ah there it is. But that only cuts it from 4:3 to 5:4, or from 16:9 tot 16:10

That's what it did in the past, but in the newest development builds, it should crop to whatever aspect ratio you are using.

Well I selected it, but the game doesn't crop. Does it have to be used with something that enables the usage of cropping?
Do I have to set a value somewhere to specify what it needs to do? Or which games it should crop.
(08-05-2015, 11:41 PM)Majesticii Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2015, 11:39 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]

Well I selected it, but the game doesn't crop. Does it have to be used with something that enables the usage of cropping?
Do I have to set a value somewhere to specify what it needs to do?
Not as far as I know, but then again, I haven't used it yet Smile

Hopefully someone else knows what's going on here.
Ok, thanks anyway.

EDIT: non of the advanced features seem to do anything. Even borderless fullscreen doesn't work.

ExK4

Crop doesn't work if the game overlays black bars, but it does work if the game changes aspect ratio for the "cinematic" view.
(08-06-2015, 02:29 AM)ExK4 Wrote: [ -> ]Crop doesn't work if the game overlays black bars, but it does work if the game changes aspect ratio for the "cinematic" view.

Err, it's possible to make a "cinematic" view by overlaying black bars too... The newest Dolphin versions will automatically crop if the unique aspect ratio is caused by VI trickery like in the Factor 5 games, but that doesn't have anything to do with the Crop option.
If the game does this effect using a vertex/pixel shader, it can be disabled with 3Dmigoto. Just as I disabled the black bars in Zelda OOT and WW that appear when pressing L.