Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin crashes when I play Twilight Princess (GC)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I start the program and load the rom which is The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Gamecube ISO. I enter the menu and create a new profile, enter my name and the horse name and then I continue. The screen loads and then Dolphin stops working and closes the program. Before this happened, I did manage to play it up to the stage after saving the kid and monkey in the forest so I save the game with the memory card and the save state. The next day I tried to load my saved state and then Dolphin stops working. I tried to make a new game and when the game loads, Dolphin stops working. Can someone please help me with this issue?
bad checksum?
I had this issue. The new version of dolphin has some new sync code or something. I notice this crashing often. To fix, run single core mode or enable GPU sync in game specific options. I also had luck using opengl with all texture packs off. Enabling them caused a crash.
can you tell me where this issue arises (what exact version) and some more details, marscat85?
(08-08-2015, 12:15 AM)marscat85 Wrote: [ -> ]I had this issue. The new version of dolphin has some new sync code or something. I notice this crashing often. To fix, run single core mode or enable GPU sync in game specific options. I also had luck using opengl with all texture packs off. Enabling them caused a crash.

I downloaded version 5.0-rc-1, however I'm not sure why but at some points in the game, the fps slows down. Could it be because of playing for a long duration, because I was literally playing the game all day and until I reached around the Hyrule Fields, the fps started to slow.
I should note I was playing the wii version, but I don't think that would have had a HUGE difference.

(08-08-2015, 11:38 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]can you tell me where this issue arises (what exact version) and some more details, marscat85?
I posted a thread here, but since I was the only one who was experiencing it, I assumed it was a problem unique to my machine.
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-do...-sometimes
I should note that I built this rig in late march and had lots of problems with the zelda games in every build since then (my old pc could not run a modern dolphin, was running xp32). I think this is about the time the devs redid the gpu syncing according to the progress reports. Some timing eh? I even tried patching the issue myself until my visual studio trial ended, that's when I gave up and tried posting here. It wasn't until I saw the gpu desyncing that I realized it's a dolphin architecture problem and that the only times it worked, it was by PURE CHANCE. That's when I finally just gave up and tried the single core route. Still.. no acknowledgment of the issue that I posted though so maybe it's just my hardware thats the outlier here and everyone else has way better statistical odds than me.