Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: black screen when attempting netplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've been trying to start SSBM matches through netplay, and recently they've started to just give me and the person i'm playing with black screens - as if it's loading but just crashes eventually - when either he or I attempt to start the game and select a character.

This had not been a problem at all until recently when I began playing super mario galaxy and fiddling with options trying to optimize it. I can run SSBM completely fine normally, it's just netplay that refuses to work.

I've tried changing the options to what they were when my netplay WAS working but that doesn't seem to do the trick and I'm out of ideas. I've been following the guide at https://www.smashladder.com/guides/view/...play-guide , and I'm using Dolphin 4.0-6554 as it states.

Please help. Huh
Figured it out. Somehow the other three controller slots were enabled, and I guess that messed up the multiplayer part of netplay somehow. Turned those off and it works again.