Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help with Gecko OS codes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

charki

I am new to this forum so i apologize if i am posting in the wrong spot

So i am trying to get Gecko OS codes to work for fire emblem radiant dawn and am having no luck
i downloaded the correct codes for the version i have
i keep reading that you need to offset the codes because dolphin moves them in the RAM is this still true?

any help is greatly Appreciated!
Gecko codes on dolphin have always been a little problematic (for me at least). They tend to stay on even when you turn them off.

Anyway, try turning on the game with the codes on, that helps making the game recognize them. Also, if you turn them on midgame and they don't work, try resetting the game, or reloading a save state, sometimes that also helps kickstart the effect.

Also make sure aren't adding Gecko codes to the Action Replay section. You can only add or edit Gecko codes by right clicking the game's name on the list, selecting Properties then clicking on "Edit Config" at the bottom.

Or, if you selected "Download from WiiRD Database", then be careful with those because a lot of times they can be wrong. For example, if it's a code modifier which you are supposed to change the value to get different items or characters, the code on Dolphin will usually have a value of zero. So you would have to manually change that value to what you want.
I suggest you check actual codes sites like geckocodes.org or gamehacking.org for the most up to date codes.
gecko codes and the like modify the actual game coding so the "moving to RAM" i don't believe is correct but certain codes do have to be modified. what codes are you trying to get to work? i know a few of the ones from the WiiRD base work (because i've used them), but many codes just don't work on dolphin