Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Disabling Touchpad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just downloaded and configured Dolphin 4.0-7157 earlier. This is the first time I've ever used it. Whenever I go to play a game, the window with the game pops up and my laptop's touchpad gets totally knocked out. Stopping the emulation does not give me control of the touchpad back. The only way to get it back at this point is to plug in an external mouse and reboot. Any ideas? I have a Sager NP7155 laptop running W10.
Try disabling Native GameCube Controller support in Options/Controller Configuration, underneath the GameCube Controllers.
(08-05-2015, 01:36 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Try disabling Native GameCube Controller support in Options/Controller Configuration, underneath the GameCube Controllers.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that after work and report back.
(08-05-2015, 01:36 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Try disabling Native GameCube Controller support in Options/Controller Configuration, underneath the GameCube Controllers.

Did you mean to disconnect the "Standard Controller" from Port 1 under the Gamecube controllers? I just tried setting it to "None" and I had the same issue with my touchpad stopping upon launching a game. I have my PS3 controller setup with MotionJoy to work as a gamepad, and had configured it to work as a GameCube controller. Is there anything else I can try?
Turn off Direct Connect, I mean. Sorry about the incorrect instructions.
(08-06-2015, 10:25 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Turn off Direct Connect, I mean.  Sorry about the incorrect instructions.

No worries! I'll try that out next time I'm at my computer. Thanks again.
I have a Sager also. What driver do you have for your touchpad? I have the Synaptics SMBus Touchpad on driver 19.0.13.0
(08-07-2015, 06:32 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Sager also. What driver do you have for your touchpad? I have the Synaptics SMBus Touchpad on driver 19.0.13.0

I'm using the "Touchpad Driver for Windows 8.1 64 BIT 11.10.28.4" according to the Sager website. I really need a W10 driver though because the page scroll feature on the edge of the touchpad is not working.
Try getting Synaptic touchpad drivers off your drivers disk that came with the computer.
(08-07-2015, 06:48 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Try getting Synaptic touchpad drivers off your drivers disk that came with the computer.

I don't have a Synaptic touchpad, it's an ELAN.  I checked my driver disc, and it's the same one available on Sager's website.  Ironically, I just had a Windows Update for the ELAN driver, and now I can scroll with the touchpad.  It only works with two fingers though, but better than nothing.

(08-06-2015, 10:25 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Turn off Direct Connect, I mean. Sorry about the incorrect instructions.

You're the man, that worked! What is "Direct Connect", and why would it effect my touchpad?
Pages: 1 2