Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to edit game titles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Syntherios

Most of the games that show up in my ISO list on startup have capped-out names and I'd like to edit them so they all look neat and uniform. A few examples are:

SUPER SMASH BROS. Melee
STAR FOX: ASSAULT
SONIC ADVENTURE 2 BATTLE

but I'd like them to look like this:

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Star Fox: Assault
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

So how do you change these names? I've gone to Properties>Info and tried editing the names but they're grayed out and won't let me. What do?
Create the file C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Load\titles.txt and type something like this in it:

Code:
GALE01 = Super Smash Bros. Melee
GF7E01 = Star Fox: Assault

The first six characters are the game ID, which you can find in the game properties.

Syntherios

Works like a charm. Thanks, JosJuice!
(08-05-2015, 12:20 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Create the file C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Load\titles.txt and type something like this in it:

Code:

The first six characters are the game ID, which you can find in the game properties.

Is there a way to do this with Banners or Notes, at least?
That's pretty much impossible to do without editing the disc image.

DAHypersonix1617

(08-05-2015, 12:20 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Create the file C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Load\titles.txt and type something like this in it:

Code:

I don't see titles.txt in my load folder

EDIT: You have to make it lol