Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: help with dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to say that I am absolutely terrible with computers. I would however like to play gamecube games on my PC because I own an old broken gamecube and games. I would like to run Wind Waker(which I do in fact own).
I just don't know if my specs are up to the challenge. Please help. Smile And yes I did see the requirements page but I couldn't make heads or tails of it. Sad
The computer was a gift
and heres what I have
[Image: Idunno-1.jpg]
Thanks in advance.
Thanks for providing as much info as you could. We still need to know what you have for your graphics card. If you don't know how to access that info, right click on Computer (loacted in the start menu), then click on Properties. Then click on Device Manager. Then click on the + next to Display adapters and just tell us what it says for your graphics card.
(You can also get this info from DXDIAG, under the display tab)

Now I will say, if you're running Windows 7 while it's still in Beta, you really should know a lot about computers! Wink
Ok I think this is what you wanted.
[Image: specs.jpg]
And I didn't put windows 7 on here but I do like it. Smile
As far as I can tell, you should be able to run some games pretty well. I dunno about the higher graphic games. But deffintelty give it a try. Make sure to go to the Dolphin Requirements under the General Discussion forums and download Microsoft DirectX Updater and VC++2008 sp1 before trying to run any games. Oh, and I suggest going to NVidia's website and seeing if there are any updated graphic drivers for Win 7
this snapshot is from win7 the driver is 1.1wddm

Your Video card is fine
But could I run Wind Waker or Tales of Symphonia?
Most likely. As I said in a previous post. Make sure to go to NVidia's website and check if there are updated drivers for your graphics card, running on Win 7. I would also suggest running Dolphin under XP, but I dunno if that's possible for you.
win 7 would have problem in running dolphin. that is what i gained from the feedbacks. some said fine, some replied not.