Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Game Properties Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been wanting to add cheats to my games and such. Walkthroughs tell me to right click the game and got to game properties or whatever but I never get that far. I right click on the game and an error pops up. [Refer to attached photo 1]. I get that EVERYTIME I right click on the game.

---------------
Windows 7
AMD FX-6300
Geforce 750Ti
8Gigs/Ram
There is no image attached to the post.
(08-04-2015, 12:39 PM)OatmealDome Wrote: [ -> ]There is no image attached to the post.

[img][Image: aO0R7fG.png][/img]
There we go. Sorry about that.
Have you tried redownloading Dolphin? (And if you're using 4.0.2, please upgrade to either the latest development build or 5.0-RC.)
I'm using 4.0-7147
It's possible that a file system in your disc image is corrupt in some way. If you dumped your game as WBFS or scrubbed it or something, I suggest that you make a new rip with CleanRip (or with your PC if you have one of those drives that support GC/Wii games). Alternatively, you can try this test build that fixes a related Dolphin problem: http://dl.dolphin-emu.org/prs/pr-2610-do...est-x64.7z
That test build actually made another error message pop up.
Can't seem to link it at the moment but.
"*** Caught unhandled unknown exception; terminating"
Turns out all these problems happen while I have Show Drives toggled in the View menu. But without that how am I able to access the game properties?
If my understanding of Show Drives is correct, then you have a game disc and you just put it in your PC's disc drive to play? If so, you might be better off just dumping the disc and just put it in a configured ISO directory. (Actual game discs in the game list crashing the properties dialog might be a legitimate bug, though I'm not entirely sure)
Dolphin can't read normal discs, even if the disc drive can, you would need to dump it first anyway.
Pages: 1 2