Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Windows 10 has broken native Gamecube adapter support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jonjonftw

Hello! I just recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Prior to the upgrade, I had been playing Melee (20XX Hack Pack to be exact, but it shouldn't make a difference) with my gamecube adapter. After the upgrade, the emulator itself works perfectly except it can't detect the adapter when I plug it in. Windows recognizes a device has been plugged in (it makes a sound), so nothing happened to it during the upgrade I'm guessing. I searched the forum to find anyone else reporting this issue, and I didn't find anything, so I decided to post here.

Were there drivers I had to install (that I may have forgotten about) that were deleted, or made incompatible by Windows 10 before native adapter support worked in the first place? Hopefully this is the case, as it would be an easy fix.

I knew of the risks of upgrading, but I didn't expect such a small part of the emulator to break, leaving the rest functional.

Thanks!
The guide for the GameCube Adapter on Dolphin says that you had to install drivers first. Have you tried removing them in Device Manager and reinstalling them?
You need to remove them and then add them again.