Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can Dolphin affect Windows shutdown?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry for a new topic, guys.
Yesterday, I downloaded Dolphin emulator (r7145) and since yesterday seems that sometimes I have an infinite "Windows is shutting down" screen.
Seems to happen only after I use Dolphin.
Can be related?
Firstly, there is no Dolphin version r71459. (I assume you mean 4.0-7145) I don't think Dolphin would be the cause of that anyway.
(08-04-2015, 03:10 AM)OatmealDome Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly, there is no Dolphin version r71459. (I assume you mean 4.0-7145) I don't think Dolphin would be the cause of that anyway.

Yes, sorry, I mean 7145.

I thought can be related to memory allocation or something similar.
where did you download it from...?
(08-04-2015, 07:50 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]where did you download it from...?

https://it.dolphin-emu.org/download/?cr=it
If Windows refuses to shut down, it's probably because it is unable to terminate a specific process. Check your Task Manager to see if you have any new or suspicious processes in the list. If you're able to close Dolphin and have dolphin.exe disappear from the process list before you shut down, then Dolphin isn't the problem.
Just a little update: more than 2 days since I deleted Dolphin and related documents, 0 shutdown problems.
Maybe just the 7145 was unlucky. Sad
Have you tried a newer or (much) older revision to see if it also causes the problem?
(08-06-2015, 10:06 AM)AleronĀ Ives Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried a newer or (much) older revision to see if it also causes the problem?

What version do you use? Just to be 100% sure I try a safe version.
The closest match in master would be 4.0-5398.