Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my laptop good enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I'm planning on buy this gaming laptop with these specifications:

[*]Chipset: High Performance Intel Z97 Express Chipset
[*]Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4790 Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.00 GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970M
[*]Cooling: High performance, high quality copper integrated dual 5-pipes GPU/CPU heatsink
[*]Memory: 8GB RAM
[*]Storage: up to 4 physical drives: 2x M.2 2280 PCIe or SATA SSD and 2x HDD/SSD (9.5mm) SATA3 6Gb/s and with Intel Rapid Start Technology; Intel Smart Response Technology and RAID 0/1/5/10
[*]Card Reader: 6-in-1: UHS-II interface; MMC/RSMMC/SD/mini SD/SDHC/SDXC; Push-Push
[*]Keyboard and Touchpad: Anti-ghosting backlit keyboard with seperate numeric keypad; TouchPad with multi-gesture and scrolling; W/A/S/D Gaming key
[*]Ports: 4x USB 3.0 (1x powered USB port, AC/DC); 1x eSATA/USB3.0 Combo port; 2x DP 1.2; 1x HDMI 2.0; 1x Headphone; 1x Microphone-in; 1x S/PDIF (digital); 1x Line-in; 1x RJ-45 LAN; 1x DC-in
[*]Audio: High Definition Audio; S/PDIF Digital Output; Built in array microphone; Built in two 2W speakers; Sound Blaster X-FI MB3; External 7.1CH output (headphone, mic, line-in and S/PDIF); ANSP 3D Sound Technology (headphone output)
[*]Display Support: Supports up to 4 active displays including internal LCD; up to 3840x2160 @ 60Hz
[*]Security: Kensington Lock and Embedded TPM 2.0
[*]Battery: 8cells 82Wh Li-Ion; up to 120 minutes
[*]Weight: 3.4kg / 7.48lbs w/ battery
[*]Dimensions: 386x262x35mm / 15.4x10.48x1.4-inch

I'm planning to play following games:

Twilight Princess
Wind Waker
One Piece Unlimited Cruise

How well will these games run on this laptop? Give any suggestions you have below.
What sort of ungodly expensive laptop is that? Putting a desktop CPU into a laptop will kill your battery life, to the point where you might as well just get a desktop and spend several thousand dollars less.

It'll cut through those games, but you really don't need something that overkill for a laptop
Well I'm getting a gaming laptop from here:
www.eurocom.com/ec/productsg(1)ec

Which laptop do you suggest that will be best, safe+friendly for these games?
Why does it have to be a laptop? You'd be saving a lot more money and headaches with a desktop.  Gaming laptops take a hit in their portability and even their gaming performance. Most gaming laptops I've seen have heat issues, which causes their CPU and/or GPU to throttle in order to cool down.

Also I laughed when I saw the two hour battery life.
For the $1600+ price tag of one of those laptops you can get an entry level laptop with great battery life for work and spend the rest of the money on a far superior gaming desktop.

$600 laptop + $1000 desktop = Real portability + performance.
Getting a gaming laptop while owning a PC is fine when you don't spend most of your time at home.

However, that thing probably weighs more than 5kg, so it's not really portable either. Get a cheaper notebook (but still somewhat powerful) and a nice Desktop
Swap the CPU to the laptop i7. Desktop i7 has been tested and eurocom's heat dispersion isn't good enough for the desktop CPU to be worth it
what kind of madman would put a desktop i7 in a laptop

your computer will be hotter than the bowels of hell
what games do you play?What's budget?
I've been using lenovo for a few years now for gaming purposes. They provide good quality laptops in competitive prices.
Pages: 1 2