Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sound coming in and out/flickering?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

rugu

I am currently playing The Last Story on the latest stable release of dolphin. However, I am experiencing an issue with flickering sound in some enemy encounters, especially at the beginning while fighting Cocoon.

I am using all of the speedups since my system can run them. I'm running it in D3D11 and DSound and using HLE. I've conformed the settings to what the Wiki page for the game lists. I've experimented a little but haven't seen any improvement.
If the audio is crackling like that, it's almost always because your computer isn't running the game at 100% speed. Update to the latest development version instead of using 4.0.2, and you should get some speed improvements.

rugu

On 4.0.2, I have perfect FPS but just the sound issue arises. On the latest development version I get little to no FPS.
in the latest dev builds, make sure the framelimiter is set to auto and not 5

rugu

Better, but no longer runs without almost constant hiccups.
By hiccups, do you mean momentary slowdowns? That's probably the shader cache rebuilding itself. Keep playing and it should go away as the cache builds up