Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Action Replay and Gecko Cheats not working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tried to add action replay cheats to Mario Kart Wii, this has done nothing.
I have tried:
48000000 809B8F88
DE000000 90009380
5A010000 00009034
32000000 FFFFFFFF
14000000 FFFFFFFF
32000004 031FFFFC
14000004 031FFFFC
E0000000 80008000
In Action Replay cheats, ticked the box and started the game. I have also tried re-applying this cheat during the game having already been launched.
I assumed this was some compatibility issue so I tried using the no HUD cheat in a similar format to the above, this did not have an effect either.
I then proceeded to try using Gecko cheats, I downloaded the recommended cheats and ticked Unlock Everything, then launched my game. This did not work either. So once again I tried to use another cheat through Gecko but it did not affect the game.

Is this game specific, am I being silly or are cheats broken entirely in the current version of Dolphin?

(I am running 4.0-7123, I have Cheats Enabled in the Options>Configure tab & I am using game ID: RMCE01)

EDIT: If you are going to vote, please give an actual reason, thank you.
cheats don't work most of the time.
(07-30-2015, 08:14 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]cheats don't work most of the time.

So it is a Dolphin error?
Was the cheat intended to used on the version of MKW you are trying to emulate?  For instance, if the cheat is for PAL but your game is NTSC, that will likely not work.  Also, have you tried the "Download Codes" option in the Gecko codes menu?  That will help you a lot, as you won't need to enter each code manually.  Other than that, all I can say is that maybe you entered the code incorrectly, or the code itself is a dud.      

P.S. I voted Configuration mistake because I have tried Gecko codes before and they worked alright, though that was an older Dolphin build.
(07-30-2015, 08:15 AM)Red Buzzy Beetle Wrote: [ -> ]Was the cheat intended to used on the version of MKW you are trying to emulate?  For instance, if the cheat is for PAL but your game is NTSC, that will likely not work.  Also, have you tried the "Download Codes" option in the Gecko codes menu?  That will help you a lot, as you won't need to enter each code manually.  Other than that, all I can say is that maybe you entered the code incorrectly, or the code itself is a dud.

I used the correct game region for the Action Replay, I also decided to try every single region specific cheat of the same type just in case, also the Gecko codes I used were from that download menu.
UPDATE: Got Gecko cheats to work via clicking edit config on checked box screen and saving the notepad file.
For me only some codes work but not all of them and I put everything correctly. The HUD code doesn't work but other codes work. I need help
Do not necropost and bump extremely old threads.