Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Want to run as many games as possible at full speed, will I need to OC my APU?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Pcpartpicker link in sig, please note that I plan on upgrading the GPU later down the line.
Even with overclocking I think that cpu is still going to slow you down in the more demanding games. My friend with an 8350 at 4.6ghz still gets slow downs in the games the SSB and the last story.
When you say slow down, do you mean slow but playable or upgrade?
by slow down I mean you wont run it at full speed which leads to choppy audio and slowed gameplay how bad I cant exactly tell you. "Playable" is something you can only decide if you can handle a bit of lag every now and then and the slowdowns you will get in demanding games then sure it's playable.
Just going to have to wait and see then, I guess.
why are you going for AMD APU cpu.? It will not let you do dual graphics with R9 gpu so what is the point.?
To answer your original question, yes. If you want to run as many games as possible at fullspeed, you will need to overclock that APU. But as mentioned above, even with that OC, some games may not run fullspeed. I wouldn't expect them to be terrible, gameplay-wise, however. Most should do fine, but you'll encounter a handful that will give you trouble.

Do you have a list of games (specific ones) you want to play? We can tell you if they're demanding or not.
(07-28-2015, 05:02 PM)z10m Wrote: [ -> ]why are you going for AMD APU cpu.? It will not let you do dual graphics with R9 gpu so what is the point.?

The reason I went with AMD was because I didn't do enough research before buying my CPU/MOBO.

(07-28-2015, 05:06 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]To answer your original question, yes. If you want to run as many games as possible at fullspeed, you will need to overclock that APU. But as mentioned above, even with that OC, some games may not run fullspeed. I wouldn't expect them to be terrible, gameplay-wise, however. Most should do fine, but you'll encounter a handful that will give you trouble.

Do you have a list of games (specific ones) you want to play? We can tell you if they're demanding or not.

I don't have a specific list in mind, but I would like to at lest play Xenoblade at full speed.
(07-29-2015, 05:19 AM)ZippoMoon Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have a specific list in mind, but I would like to at lest play Xenoblade at full speed.

I'm sorry, even with overclock this APU won't run that game full speed...
(07-29-2015, 05:28 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-29-2015, 05:19 AM)ZippoMoon Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have a specific list in mind, but I would like to at lest play Xenoblade at full speed.

I'm sorry, even with overclock this APU won't run that game full speed...

Lovely, can anyone recommend a CPU that I can upgrade to late down the line?
Pages: 1 2 3