Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can my laptop run Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone. I really want to play Melee, Sumshine, Luigi's Mansion, and maybe a few others but I don't know if my laptop can handle Dolphin. (I want to at least play Melee if nothing else). So here are my laptop specs(and yes I know that having a laptop already puts me at a disadvantageSad )

Specs:
Intel i5 4210U
Intel HD 4400
4 GB ram

P.S. Cause it's only GameCube, I only want 60 fps, I don't need 1080p
The games you mentionned are light-weight tittles , may run at playble speed
For most games , your cpu is not up for the task
So I'm mostly concerned about Melee. Will Melee play at 60fps?
(07-27-2015, 07:33 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]The games you mentionned are light-weight tittles , may run at playble speed
For most games , your cpu is not up for the task

So I'm mostly concerned about Melee. Will Melee run at 60fos?
I'm not your local deity . The best way to know it is to try it by yourself
It depends on your laptop manufacturer . If your laptop does not overheat and you can get maximum performce out of it (assuming that turbo boost will work) , that game may run ok at lowest settings
60FPS all the time without any lag is likely impossible since it's an ultra low voltage CPU after all (underclock itself to save power and prevent overheating)
(07-28-2015, 01:22 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not your local deity . The best way to know it is to try it by yourself
It depends on your laptop manufacturer . If your laptop does not overheat and you can get maximum performce out of it (assuming that turbo boost will work) , that game may run ok at lowest settings
60FPS all the time without any lag is likely impossible since it's an ultra low voltage CPU after all (underclock itself to save power and prevent overheating)

Well Ok then. Thank you for your help!