Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Version for Melee and Project M Netplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

pareod

Many guides are saying to use Dolphin 4.0-6554 for netplay with Project M and Melee. Does the newest version not work?
That's just the version the smash community uses, the newest ones still work, but it's not what they use.
People using netplay in dolphin need to use the exact same revision to make sure nothing is amiss. Therefore, the smash/PM community tries to focus on a specific build in order to minimize compatibility issues.

Bottomline: they try to make the community move up only if something decisive changes in netplay (or performance, to a lesser extend), but keep the same revision otherwise

pareod

I'm just trying to play games with my friend on netplay. We played Double Dash last night with AR codes to unlock everything, but it is impossible to turn rumble on if there is no memory card for Double Dash. Other games have other issues without a memory card, so I'm trying to find a way to sync memory cards. The only way I have devised is to plug in a memory card that is shared on my google drive.