Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: a new USB sensor bar, or Dolphinbar?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

FanMattai

hello!

I've very little experience with all this.. But I'm hoping to learn.

This is my PC
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rwYwbv

At the bottom of the list are where my questions spring from really..

I have that IOGear wireless HDMI transmitter/receiver so that I can sit on my couch and play PC games displayed on my 71" TV...
And I have that Avermedia Live Gamer HD capture card so that I can record gameplay while I do it.

So in preparing my pc for the task of emulating the Wii, i realized i needed a sensor bar.
But here is the rub: I need the sensor bar to be positioned at my TV, not at my PC monitor.

But realistically, I probably want to go back and forth between the two.

My TV has USB ports on the back; so I figured buying a USB powered sensor bar would be ideal. so i purchased one from Newegg.
But it doesn't seem to be receiving power. I can sync the wiimote to Dolphin on the PC, and can control games with it. but I can't get the motion control to work.
I figure the issue is user error, so i did tests.

I actually set up my real Wii with its working sensor bar, and positioned it correctly while i ran dolphin on my pc and transmitted the HDMI signal across the room to my TV. It worked.
But i do not want to have to be running my Wii just as a means to get power to some infrared lights.  Undecided

I even used a USB-to-power-outlet converter (like the kind iphone chargers use) to see if I could get the infrared to work that way, but no luck.
Is my sensor bar bad?

searching the forums for a bit, i learned about the Dolphinbar...
But i don't know if it fits my needs; the dolphinbar's usb connection does more than simply power infrared lights, doesn't it? So plugging it into the back of my TV would be either useless or unnecessary..?

But, if you all recommend the dolphinbar, could it possibly be used near my PC monitor in conjunction with a different sensor bar just for my TV?

Is this explanation making sense? haha.
IF your sensor bar works with the real wii console , it will work with Dolphin
Your problem is either your wiimote or driver issues or your Bluetooth device
_Wiimote must be original one from Nintendo
_You better use a Bluetooth dongle . Only a few BT devices can work with Dolphin (iClever IN-8510-40 is a good example) , stay away from integrated BT as possible . You should use Toshiba Stack for Bluetooth dongle and do not install other BT driver .
Base on my experience , your problem is most likely driver issue . Well , try Toshiba Stack first (require USB BT dongle if you have one) , not all version of Toshiba Stack work with Dolphin though
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1pv8xo...+Stack.rar
Remember to uninstall other BT drivers