Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Xenoblade stuttering PAL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DokoMustard

Hello!

Had to register real quick to ask some help with this gem I have not had the time to start with. Sorry if this has been gone trough too many time regarding the game and its stuttering.
But looks like the time is now! I got enough kick on my computer to run this baby on the HD textures and everything.

But I am having problems on stuttering in video playback, image and audio stutters in some parts. Otherwise its steady 30FPS in battle and so on.
I am using Ultra HD, and pretty much what I found on wiki. Expect I have no idea where to get the 30FPS patch and for what I discovered latest versions of Dolphin does not need it, game indeed was on 30fps most of the time, expect when stuttering.

I use the same settings as this guy.
"NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Using the PAL Version with the 30FPS Patch. Constant 30FPS even with the HD Texture Pack and in heavy battles. Running at 4x Native, 2x AA, and 16x AF,and with EFB to RAM at 1080p Fullscreen. Using the OGL backend, I experience very rare stutters but usually at the start of booting the game." - telebucky

So if you guys have any ideas to lessen the burden for the game, or remove stuttering all together. I would very much appreciate it! otherwise I just play it and expect stuttering in most videos.
The stuttering is a known issue. Dolphin has to generate shaders before caching them. During this time, you get delays, hiccups, or "stuttering" video. This only happens when Dolphin needs to make new shaders. As you play in a given area or use certain attacks more often, your shader cache will already have the shader Dolphin needs, so less stuttering. Play long enough, and it virtually becomes non-existent. It's small enough to not be noticeable. So... just keep playing :P

DokoMustard

(07-26-2015, 05:33 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]The stuttering is a known issue. Dolphin has to generate shaders before caching them. During this time, you get delays, hiccups, or "stuttering" video. This only happens when Dolphin needs to make new shaders. As you play in a given area or use certain attacks more often, your shader cache will already have the shader Dolphin needs, so less stuttering. Play long enough, and it virtually becomes non-existent. It's small enough to not be noticeable. So... just keep playing Tongue

Sounds awesome! thanks for the info, I have not done much emulating with dolphin. Expect played some Resident Evil on it last year.
Well, time for me to enjoy this game trough. Something to do before Metal Gear Solid V and other nice games which come out next month.
(07-26-2015, 05:37 AM)DokoMustard Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds awesome! thanks for the info, I have not done much emulating with dolphin. Expect played some Resident Evil on it last year.
Well, time for me to enjoy this game trough. Something to do before Metal Gear Solid V and other nice games which come out next month.

I often run it at 3x Native for 1080 but that's with the 60fps patch and 2x SSAA on a 2080TI. I found asychronous ubershaders helped a lot to limit the audio stuttering. I think OpenGL helped there a bit too. I disabled the Gecko code for distant objects (ignore this if it's not something you've changed) and that drastically improved frame rates.